CFK COVID-19 Information
All CFK locations—Key West Campus, Middle Keys Center, and Upper Keys Center—are open to students and the public during normal business hours. If you need assistance, you may visit the College in person for service. However, we encourage you to continue to utilize technology (phone, email, etc.) to communicate whenever possible.
While the CFK experience may be different, we remain dedicated to creating an environment (virtually and physically) in which learning is engaging, resources are accessible, and all are safe.
The College has implemented safety protocols based on the advice and directives of local, state, and federal officials, including the CDC. More information about these guidelines that the College is obligated to follow can be found here: Monroe County COVID-19 Information, CDC, and City of Key West. This guidance is for your safety. The College requires that all students, employees, and visitors follow the safety measures currently enacted in Emergency Orders:
- Everyone must wear a face mask at all times except when in their car. This requirement includes outdoors on the Key West Campus (following City of Key West law). You may remove your mask to eat outside, but you must be seated and socially distanced from others.
- Social distancing of at least 6 ft. is required. Traffic patterns inside some buildings have been created to facilitate social distancing.
- All are encouraged to wash/sanitize their hands frequently. Numerous hand-sanitizing stations have been added throughout campus.
- Most classes will be virtual. All on campus classes will be limited in size to accommodate social distancing. In addition, class spaces will be cleaned and disinfected after each class.
- Illness Reporting protocols have been created for students and employees who have tested positive, been near someone who tested positive, and/or have symptoms of COVID-19. Everyone should read the reporting protocol and become knowledgeable of their responsibilities in each situation.
- The Campus Café will be open for take-out only (dining room closed). Customers are encouraged to call in orders at 305-809-3272 to prevent the creation of a line. Masks may be removed to eat outside when seated and socially distanced from others.
- Student Activities will host virtual as well as some carefully-planned in-person activities throughout the 2021 academic year.
College administration will continue to monitor the situation throughout the 2021 academic year. Our knowledge and understanding of COVID-19 continues to evolve; policies and plans will be updated, as appropriate, and as additional information becomes available.