LIVE and learn at the world-famous Hawks Cay Resort in Marathon! Three residential Hospitality Game Changer Scholar Program positions available. Apply for this amazing PAID internship and tuition-FREE college program.
Hospitality Game Changer Program
Do you want a career that can really take you places? Then start at The College of the Florida Keys! There is no better place to study the industries of travel, lodging, dining, and culinary than the world-famous tourist and culinary destination of the Florida Keys.
CFK is proud to provide an extraordinary opportunity for high school graduates in Florida: CFK’s Hospitality and Culinary Game Changer Scholar Program. The program includes a scholarship and/or grant support that covers 100% of tuition for students earning an Associate in Science in Hospitality and Ecotourism Management or an Associate in Science in Culinary Management. Game Changer Scholars take classes full-time as part of a cohort learning community. In addition to enjoying the benefits of small classes with hands-on instructors, students will receive regular guidance and encouragement from their Student Success Coach and Internship Mentor. Beyond the classroom, students gain invaluable experience through internships at some of the most respected hotels, resorts, restaurants, and attractions in the Florida Keys.
In only two years, students will be set to graduate and launch their career… an achievement that can truly change the game for themselves and their futures!
- Enroll in the Hospitality and Culinary Game Changer Scholar Program during the fall semester immediately following their high school graduation.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by CFK’s posted deadline. (Qualifying for federal aid is not required.)
- Complete an Associate in Science Hospitality & Ecotourism Management or an Associate in Science in Culinary Management degree in two years.
- Maintain continuous, full-time enrollment in fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Maintain a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- Participate in the following:
- One advisor meeting each semester
- Monthly meetings with a Success Coach
- Weekly meetings with a mentor
- Join at least one College club
- Complete a two-year career-oriented internship with one of CFK’s many partner organizations
- Step 1: Apply to CFK
- Step 2: Submit a FAFSA- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Qualifying for federal aid is not required.)
- Step 3: Apply to the Hospitality & Culinary Game Changer Scholar Program
Hospitality and Culinary Game Changer Scholarship applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited, so applicants are encouraged to complete their application by March of their senior year.