For those who are not familiar with reverse transfer, if students have earned credits at an associate degree-granting institution (two-year) and transferred to another institution (typically a four-year bachelor’s institution), they can send earned college credits back to the associate degree-granting institution to be evaluated for a possible degree.

Reverse transfer is the process of awarding an associate degree (two-year) after a student transfers to another institution (typically a four-year bachelor’s institution, they can send earned college credits back to the associate degree-granting institution to be evaluated for a possible degree. Florida’s Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement facilitates seamless articulation of student credit and provides for reverse transfer. 

Why should I get an associate degree?

  • Increase your earning potential
  • Boost your resume
  • Advance your career
  • Improve your eligibility for a promotion
  • Achieve an accomplishment
  • The AA is often required or highly beneficial for admission to other institutions

Who is eligible?

  • Previous CFK students who have not yet earned an A.A. or Bachelor’s degree and are currently enrolled at a state university and who:
  • Earned more than 30 hours of college credit at CFK
  • Earned at least 60 hours total of college credit
  • Completed all general education, college-level communication and computation, civic literacy, and foreign language competency requirements
  • Transferred from CFK before earning the AA degree
  • Maintained good academic standing at the state university and CFK
  • Cleared all financial obligations at the state university and CFK
  • Consented to allowing the state university to transmit the necessary information to CFK
  • Completed all other associate in arts degree graduation requirements of CFK

How does it work?

  • Student attends CFK and completes 30 or more credit hours before transferring to a State University
  • Student completes remaining Associate in Arts degree requirements while attending the university
  • University notifies the student they are eligible for their AA degree from CFK
  • Student requests a degree audit and awarding of their AA degree from CFK through their university
  • The university notifies CFK about the student and transmits the student’s transcript to CFK
  • CFK evaluates the transcript and notifies the student of their degree status

What do I do if I believe I am eligible for reverse transfer?

Your university should contact you to begin the reverse transfer process. Contact your university advisor or graduation office for details. Institution contacts are available on the FLDOE reverse transfer webpage


What if I don’t meet all eligibility criteria of the Statewide Reverse Transfer process?

You may still be eligible for an associate degree at CFK by transferring credit for courses completed at an accredited college or university, or through an accelerated method like AP or CLEP exams.

What if I am currently attending CFK but considering transferring?

Contact your academic advisor and review your graduation worksheet to see how close you are to graduation. Then stay in touch each term so that we can help you transfer credits and graduate.