Certificate: Rooms Division Management
This technical certificate is a part of the Hospitality and Ecotourism Management A.S. Degree program and is designed to prepare students for immediate employment in the hospitality industry in the guest services area of hotels, resorts, and other hospitality and ecotourism related sites. The content includes but is not limited to employability and customer service skills, marketing techniques in the hospitality industry, laws that affect the hospitality industry, and management operations for hotels.
Course Requirements (30 credit hours):
- ACG 2021 – Financial Accounting (3)
- CGS 1100 – Introduction to Computer Applications (3)
- ECO 2013 – Macroeconomics (3)
- HFT 1002 – Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Management (3)
- HFT 1300 – Managing Housekeeping Operations (3)
- HFT 1410 – Front Office Management (3)
- HFT 2500 – Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism (3)
- HFT 2600 – Hospitality Law (3)
- MAN 1300 – Introduction to Human Resource Management (3)
- Elective HFT/FSS/ACG/MAN/OCB 2071/GEB/ENT/MAR (3)
Total Required Credit Hours: 30
The courses listed above are only a guide. Following these tracks does not guarantee admission into a university. Course requirements may change each year. You are responsible and encouraged to work closely with your advisor. Some courses are offered night/online only every other year. For more information, contact the Office of Advising Services at 305-809-3196.