Certificate: Rooms Division Operations
This technical certificate is a part of the Hospitality and Ecotourism Management A.S. Degree program and is designed to prepare students for immediate employment in the hospitality industry in the guest services area of hotels, resorts, and other hospitality and ecotourism related sites. The content includes but is not limited to coursework that prepares students for employment as supervisors and managers in the hotel/motel sectors of the hospitality industry. The courses in this certificate provide the skills required to work in operations and entry level positions such as: Front Desk Supervisor or Guest Relations Supervisor. The courses offered in the Certificate Program provide the necessary prerequisites for the courses within the major for the Associate in Science degree.
Course Requirements (19 credit hours):
- HFT 1300 – Managing Housekeeping Operations (3)
- HFT 1002 – Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Management (3)
- HFT 1410 – Front Office Management (3)
- HFT 2500 – Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism (3)
- HFT 2600 – Hospitality Law (3)
- MAN 1300 – Introduction to Human Resource Management (3)
- Electives Requirements (1 credit hour)
- Any course from HFT, FSS, MAN, BUL, ENT, GEB, OCB, or LIS
Total Required Credit Hours: 19
The courses listed above are only a guide. Following these tracks does not guarantee admission into a university. Course requirements may change each year. You are responsible and encouraged to work closely with your advisor. Some courses are offered night/online only every other year. For more information, contact the Office of Advising Services at 305-809-3196.