This program is designed for those students who want training in welding and fabrication without immediately pursuing the Associate in Applied Science degree. The courses may apply to the A.A.S. degree in Marine Engineering, Management, and Seamanship, if a student later decides on that option. Program duration is approximately one (1) calendar year.
Core Requirements (16 credit hours)
- ENT 1000 – Entrepreneurship (3)
- MTE 1000 – Marine Engineering Lab Safety (1)
- MTE 1651C – Marine Gas & Electric Welding (3)
- MTE 1653 – Shielded Metal Arc Welding (3)
- MTE 2652C -Advanced Welding Techniques (3)
- MTE 2654C -Marine Technology Pipe Welding with MIG and TIG (3)