Pool and Recreation
Monday: 5:30 am – 7:30 pm
Tuesday: 5:30 am – 7:30 pm
Wednesday: 5:30 am – 7:30 pm
Thursday: 5:30 am – 7:30 pm
Friday: 5:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Sunday: Closed All Day
*Lap Swimming is for adults only.
*Please check the CFK Pool Facebook Page for pool closure notifications.
*Limited lanes from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Monday through Friday; 5:30 am – 7:30 am or 6:30 am – 8:00 am
Cost: $5/day, $50/month, $140/4 months, $385/year
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday - 9:00 am – 9:45 am and 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm
Cost: $7/day, $60/Month, $160/4 months
(cardio and resistance training in the water)
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
Using Blended Learning Style. All course work is online and meet at the pool to practice skills.
Pre-requisites: 1) Must be 15 years old, 2) Able to swim 300 yards using front crawl and breaststroke, 3) Tread water for 2 minutes without using arms and 4) Swim 20 yards, retrieve brick in 9ft of water and return with brick back to start in 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Classes are held monthly. If interested, contact Lori Bosco.
Bone Island Swim Club
- Ages 4 -18 divided by ability and age
- Must be able to swim 50 yards freestyle and 50 yards backstroke
- KWHS Swim Team: Monday – Friday, 4:45 pm – 7:30 pm
- Swim Team: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Cost: $20 for 2 meets plus $70 per year USA swimming membership
Join us on Facebook: CFK pool group
To register for classes, please email email@example.com and list hours and days would like. Bring registration form to CFK Pool. All classes must be paid for prior to beginning of first session. $5 discount for siblings.
Parent and Tot Program
Parents accompany their child in the water. Learn swimming skills in a safe way that helps build confidence in the water.
- Ages: 6 months to 3 years
- Monday and Wednesday
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Cost: $5 per class OR $40 for 10 classes OR $25 per month
Group Swim Lessons 2020
There are 3 groups within the swim lessons: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced. For ages 3-11 years. Due to COVID-19, all classes are one-on-one lessons with each lessons lasting 12 minutes per student one or twice per week. The cost is $60 for 8 lessons. Classes are held Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Times are 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm and 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm.
- Beginning Level: For those who are very beginning and unable to swim by themselves without the use of floats. In this level, your child will learn how to float on front and back, water safety, jumping into the water and returning to the side, and swimming 10 yards while taking a breath.
- Intermediate Level: For those who are able to swim 10 yards and take breaths and able to float on back unassisted. In this level, your child will learn how to swim on their back using sculling arms, water safety and front crawl with the use of rotary breathing.
- Advanced Level: For those who are able to swim 25 yards with rotary breathing and able to swim on their back for 25 yards. In this level, your child will work toward building endurance to swim 50 yards of front crawl with rotary breathing and 50 yards of backstroke and learn how to dive from the side.
Adult Swim Lessons
Offered at various times during the day for one-on-one instruction. Call the pool for an appointment.
Cost: $60 for eight (8) lessons of 15 minutes each
Swim Around Key West
The only sanctioned, insured and US Coast Guard permitted race around Key West.
***Every swimmer/team must have own support boat. If you need help with a kayaker, please email Lori.firstname.lastname@example.org**
The College of the Florida Keys Swim Around Key West is a 12.5 mile journey around the pristine waters of Key West. The race will begin at Smathers Beach: Located at 2601 South Roosevelt Blvd, Key West. The College of the Florida Keys Swim Around Key West is unique because it is the only event in which participants can swim around an island city, enjoy clean warm waters, and emerge to celebrate at great restaurants and bars. Lifeguards are stationed throughout the course as well as safety boats every mile to ensure swimmer safety. Every swimmer must have their own support craft in the form of a kayak or small craft boat. Most relay teams use a boat and the solo swimmers usually use a kayak escort. The College of the Florida Keys Swim Around Key West benefits the local pool in providing scholarships to teach others swimming and water safety and aids in purchasing needed equipment for the swim clubs that train at CFK pool. A Mermaid and Monofin division—put on your favorite mermaid tail or a monofin and get ready to race around the island. Be the first Mermaid to swim around the island. We will also be hosting a Special Olympic category. Gather your friends and compete for the Top Key West Relay in all the different Relay divisions.
Races & Events
The College of the Florida Keys Swim Around Key West: June 20, 2020
800 yard, 1-Mile, 2-Mile and 10K Open Water Races: June 20, 2020
- Click her for application and race information
800 yard, 1-Mile and 2-Mile Open Water Races: September 6, 2020 (canceled due to COVID-19)
- Click here for application and race information
Sprint Triathlon/Biathlon: March 14, 2020 and September 13, 2020 (Canceled due to COVID-19)
- UAS-T Sanctioned 600 yd swim, 10 mile bike, 5k run