Certificate: Culinary Arts Management
This program is designed for culinary managers desiring to enhance their skills. Learners develop skills that culinary professionals typically should have, such as strategies for preparing healthy and nutritional dishes. This certificate program allows the learner to integrate baking and pastry skills with traditional culinary skills. Students also learn knife skills, kitchen procedures, and sanitation/safety procedures.
The courses listed below are only a guide. Following these tracks does not guarantee admission into a university. Course requirements may change each year. You are responsible and encouraged to work closely with your advisor. Some courses are offered night/online only every other year. For more information, contact the Office of Advising Services at 305-809-3196.
Required Courses – 18 total credit hours
- FOS 2201 Food Service Sanitation and Safety (3)
- FSS 2251 Food & Beverage Management (3)
- FSS 1203C Quantity Food Production I (3)
- FSS 1246C Baking & Pastries I (3)
- FSS 2241C International & Regional Foods (3)
- FSS 1240C Classical Cuisine (3)