Certificate: Rooms Division Specialist
This technical certificate is a part of the Hospitality and Ecotourism Management A.S. Degree program and is designed to prepare students for immediate employment in the hospitality industry in the guest services area of hotels, resorts, and other hospitality and ecotourism related sites. The content includes but is not limited to coursework that provides skills required to work in specialist and entry level positions in the hotel industry such as: Front Desk Agent, Guest Relations agent, or Reservations Clerk.
Course Requirements (12 credit hours)
- HFT 1002 – Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Management (3)
- HFT 1410 – Front Office Management (3)
- HFT 1300 – Managing Housekeeping Operations (3)
- MAN 1300 – Introduction to Human Resource Management (3)
Elective Requirements (1 credit hour)
- Any course from HFT, FSS, MAN, BUL, ENT, GEB, OCB, or LIS
Total Required Credit Hours: 13
The courses listed above are only a guide. Following these tracks does not guarantee admission into a university. Course requirements may change each year. You are responsible and encouraged to work closely with your advisor. Some courses are offered night/online only every other year.For more information, contact the Office of Advising Services at 305-809-3196.