Certificate: Culinary Arts
This program is designed for students interested in the culinary industry and for culinary managers desiring to enhance their skills. Learners develop skills that culinary professionals typically should have, such as strategies for preparing healthy and nutritional dishes. This certificate program allows the learner to integrate baking and pastry skills with traditional culinary skills. Students also learn knife skills, kitchen procedures, and sanitation/ safety procedures.
The courses listed below are only a guide. Following these tracks does not guarantee admission into a university. Course requirements may change each year. You are responsible and encouraged to work closely with your advisor. Some courses are offered night/online only every other year. For more information, contact the Office of Advising Services at 305-809-3196.
Course Requirements (35 credit hours)
- FOS 2201 – Food Service Sanitation Management (3)
- FSS 2251 – Food & Beverage Management (3)
- FSS 1203C – Quantity Food Production I (3)
- FSS 1240C – Classical Cuisine (3)
- FSS 1246C – Baking and Pastries l (3)
- FSS 2204C – Quantity Food Production ll (4)
- FSS 2241C – International and Regional Foods (3)
- FSS 2247C – Baking and Pastries ll (3)
- FSS 2248C – Garde–Manger (3)
- FSS 2500 – Food & Beverage Cost Control (3)
- FSS 2941 – Internship in Culinary Management (1)
- HUN 1004 – Healthy Cuisine/Nutrition (3)